The Radiology Technologist will operate radiographic equipment to produce radiographs of body for diagnostic purposes, as directed by the ER Physician in accordance with the Radiologist accepted protocol. The technologist will also be proficient in the positioning of the patient and examining table to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician. Technologist will also practice radiation safety techniques with the ALARA principle in mind, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding skills, and knowledge of applicable exposure factors, to maximize radiation protection to patient and staff.
Each technologist will operate CAT SCAN equipment to produce Computed Tomography (CT scans) of the body for diagnostic purposes, as directed by the ER Physician in accordance with the Radiologist protocol. Technologist will be responsible for administering and consenting for contrast both IV and oral, while being aware of all possible reactions and side effects. The Technologist will also be responsible for filling out appropriate paperwork and ensuring proper documentation in patients’ chart. Our Primary goal is to ensure patient safety and satisfaction, while acquiring an acceptable exam of diagnostic quality.
Please email email@example.com with your resume and credentials.
Availability by location:
Baytown: PRN CT/Rad Tech (2 positions open)
Crosby: PRN CT/Rad Tech (1 position open)
Kingwood: PRN CT/Rad Tech (1 position open)
Pearland: PRN CT/Rad Tech (1 position open)
Porter: PRN CT/Rad Tech (1 position open)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited approved school of Radiologic Technology
- At least 2 years of radiologic/imaging experience and CT experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation
- Basic computer skills
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Current State licensure
- Current BCLS Certification
- AART (R) (CT) and TDH/TMB
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains awareness of all departmental and operational policies of NEC.
- Assists in the maintenance of all equipment in the department, including cleaning and QA procedures
- Explains to Patients the benefits and risks of Procedures and Exams
- Prepares Patient as necessary for examination, i.e.: contrast, proper IV placements, checking labs.
- Facilitates departmental operations through completion of all appropriate Contrast, Extravasations,
- Pregnancy, and other forms related to preformed exam.
- Maintains safety precautions to minimize radiation exposure to patients, other personnel, and self.
- Maintains current knowledge of Diagnostic Radiology /CT procedures performed in the Radiology Department.
- Possesses basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology required to apply principles of radiology and methods of exposure to obtain Diagnostic quality images.
- Possesses basic knowledge of radiology/CT equipment functioning to provide for minor repair and trouble-shooting for problems.
- Proficient in the utilization of all radiological/lab equipment of the ER.
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in moving/lifting patients and equipment to prevent injury to patients and to self.
- Applies principles of radiology safety in the performance of position responsibilities.
- Maintains awareness of own limitations and seeks guidance from appropriate personnel when needed.
- Ensures that problems/concerns regarding activities in the department are communicated with appropriate personnel.
- Provides safe transportation of patients to and from the patient care unit.
- Maintains awareness of all departmental and operational policies of NEC.
- Able to perform moderate and waived testing per Clinical Laboratory’s and according to patient care unit’s policies and procedures.
- Able to interpret the results of moderate and waived tests and take appropriate action on waived test results.
- Maintain and use all instruments in the Clinical Laboratory safely and correctly
- Responsible for ensuring companywide compliance with state and federal Clinical Laboratory rules and regulations
- Responsible for traveling to one Emergency Center location per day unless otherwise specified
- Perform quality control procedures and maintain records on these checks
- Perform calibrations in compliance with manufacturer’s requirements
- Ensures proficiency testing specimens are done at each center in compliance with policy
- Oversees documentation of temperatures/humidity checks
- Monitors appropriate send out lab procedures
- Maintains current appropriate and needed policies and procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of new testing methods, products and instrumentation; remain informed on all current technologies
- Maintain inventory of necessary supplies and submit orders for restocking as needed
- Demonstrate the values to team concept on a consistent basis
- Interact professionally with all department members, physicians, staff, administration and the Director of Clinical Laboratory
- Responsible for documenting correct information for compliance purposes.
- Remain knowledgeable about appropriate testing procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to regulations and ER policies and procedures pertaining to safety, emergency preparedness, infection control, OSHA, fire safety and hazardous materials
- Participate in performance improvement activities as necessary
- Maintain confidentiality of patient related issues
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills
- Treat all patients, visitors, and staff members fairly and with respect
- Utilize effective communication methods and skills
- Explain all procedures, treatments, and care while remaining aware of language barriers
- Able to perform care in non-judgmental manner and recognize discrepancies between patient and personal beliefs
- Ensure personal appearance is clean and neat
- Responsible for wearing ER identification at all times
- Attend all ER required meetings and in-service education
- Remain flexible in staffing patterns and resolution of staffing conflicts; participates in temporary assignments
- Compliance with attendance standards
- Demonstrate flexibility when changes in assignments are necessary
- Professional Maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand
- Responsibility: The ability to accept choices you have made and the results they have led to
- Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively; actively listens to others, and give feedback
- Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives
- Intelligence: Understand information and apply new knowledge
- Energetic: Exhibits high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Organized: Efficient in structuring tasks to be accomplished
- Computer Savvy: The ability to use technology efficiently and effectively
- Customer Service: The ability to enhance customer satisfaction
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Knowledgeable of current role and technical systems, and the impact it has on the organization
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates upmost level of integrity
- Interpersonal Communication: Writes and speaks effectively based on the psychological, relational, situation, environmental and cultural dynamics within the situation
- Collaboration and Partnership: Encourages participation from team members
- Manages Change: Demonstrates flexibility with changing environments
- Problem Solving: Resolve issues in a timely manner
- Attention to Detail: Follows procedures to ensure entry of data
- Organization: Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities
- Judgment: Ability to make independent decisions
- Teamwork: Works with others to accomplish objectives and shows support for decisions
- Quality: Sets high standards to ensure quality in work performed
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for adhering to all company policies, procures, and performance expectations
- Requires visual acuity to inspect and analyze work close to the eyes and ability to hear sound with or without correction; Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, reach, stand, walk pull, push lift, and able to exert up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature
- The physical demands for this position include: adequate vision, hearing, and repetitive motion
- Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
- Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner
- Bending legs downward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving object horizontally from position to position
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation