Understanding Your Health Insurance:
Our Baytown, Crosby, Kingwood, and Porter locations are now in-network with BlueCross BlueShield, Aetna, and Cigna, and accept Medicare through an affiliation with Altus Baytown Hospital. Our Pasadena and Pearland locations now accept Medicare through an affiliation with Altus Houston Hospital.
While our facilities are not a participating provider in any other in-network health benefit plans, we see patients with all types of insurance plans. State law requires your health insurance company to pay the amount it pays in-network providers, a payment based on the same methods your plan uses to pay other out-of-network services, or the amount Medicare would pay for the same medical services. Additionally, we are actively working to find ways to accept as many different provider plans and/or participate in in-network contracts. We will continue to update this page and our locations pages with more information about any in-network provider plans we participate in.
We welcome all private insurance plans and will work with your insurance provider to coordinate benefits at an in-network rate.
- United Healthcare
- Cigna (we are in-network with our Baytown, Crosby, Kingwood, and Porter locations)
- BlueCross BlueShield (we are in-network with our Baytown, Crosby, Kingwood, and Porter locations)
- Aetna (we are in-network with our Baytown, Crosby, Kingwood, and Porter locations)
By state law your health insurance company is required to pay the amount it pays in-network providers, a payment based on the same methods your plan uses to pay other out-of-network services, or the amount Medicare would pay for the same medical services. Learn More about your rights.
If you have a question about your bill, please check our Billing FAQ or contact our billing department at 346.324.5100 ext. 5005.
Through an affiliation with Altus Baytown Hospital, our Baytown, Crosby, Kingwood, and Porter locations are able to accept Medicare. Our Pasadena and Pearland locations are able to accept Medicare through an affiliation with Altus Houston Hospital.
Texas Insurance Code Statute INS TX INS § 1301.155. Emergency Care dictates that:
(a) In this section, “emergency care” means health care services provided in a hospital emergency facility, freestanding emergency medical care facility, or comparable emergency facility to evaluate and stabilize a medical condition of a recent onset and severity, including severe pain, that would lead a prudent layperson possessing an average knowledge of medicine and health to believe that the person’s condition, sickness, or injury is of such a nature that failure to get immediate medical care could result in:
(1) placing the person’s health in serious jeopardy;
(2) serious impairment to bodily functions;
(3) serious dysfunction of a bodily organ or part;
(4) serious disfigurement; or
(5) in the case of a pregnant woman, serious jeopardy to the health of the fetus.
(b) If an insured cannot reasonably reach a preferred provider, an insurer shall provide reimbursement for the following emergency care services at the preferred level of benefits until the insured can reasonably be expected to transfer to a preferred provider:
(1) a medical screening examination or other evaluation required by state or federal law to be provided in the emergency facility of a hospital that is necessary to determine whether a medical emergency condition exists;
(2) necessary emergency care services, including the treatment and stabilization of an emergency medical condition; and
(3) services originating in a hospital emergency facility or freestanding emergency medical care facility following treatment or stabilization of an emergency medical condition.
Need your Patient or Medical Records?
Please visit our medical records page.
If you were seen at any of our Baytown, Crosby, Kingwood or Porter locations, and transferred to Altus Baytown Hospital, please visit their website for more information on patient records or billing questions pertaining to your hospital stay.
- This facility is a Freestanding Emergency Medical Care Facility.
- This facility charges rates comparable to a hospital emergency room and may charge a facility fee.
- This facility or a physician providing medical care at this facility may be an out-of-network provider for the patient’s health benefit plan provider network.
- A physician providing medical care at this facility may bill separately from this facility for the medical care provided to a patient.
- We are in-network with BlueCross BlueShield, Aetna, and Cigna for Baytown, Crosby, Kingwood, and Porter and out-of-network for all other health benefit plans and locations.